Friday, March 9, 2012

Lauren Grossman's Story - Blue, Blue, Everywhere



Blue, Blue, Everywhere
By: Lauren Grossman

Blueville, a small town for people who are just...sad. The color blue, means sad, right? Well everything in Blueville is...blue. The walls are blue, the floors are blue, the cars are blue, you name it, it’s blue. Well, of course the sky was already blue. Anyways, people would come to this town whenever they are sad. If you’re sad, why not be sad together?  People would come from different parts of the state.
You’re probably asking, what do you do in Blueville? Basically, whatever you’re sad about, you try to fix it. For example, there was this one woman, Joan. Joan was sad because her boyfriend broke up with her. So Joan came here. What Joan did was get a dummy (that Blueville has available in the store, called Break-Up) and she pretended it was her ex-boyfriend. She took out all her anger out on this dummy, and felt better. As soon as she did, she had to hurry to get out of Blueville, because the walls of blue and just everything being blue, can make you sad.
Surprisingly, there is a president of Blueville. His name is Barney Benson. Mr. Benson decided to run for president in Blueville because he was very depressed for many, many years. He lost his wife due to breast cancer, and then he lost his 6 year old son, in a car accident, because Mr. Benson looked away just for a second, and the 6 year old went on into the street on his own. Mr. Benson was just so sad, he lost important people to him who he loved. Mr. Benson didn’t want others to feel the pain he did, so he tried hiring assistants to make people feel better. Mr. Benson created stores. As we said, there is the Break-Up store. There is the Ex-Friend store, Lost store, Failing store (which helps people who failed their test get better on their test) and a lot more.
I went to Blueville because I failed a test, that I worked so hard on. The teacher just doesn’t like me. He singles me out in front of everyone. That made me upset. My parents didn’t think Blueville was a good idea because they’ve looked it up online and there were not so good things about it. I was upset. Failing wasn’t something that I didn’t call for. I called for getting A’s. If I fail one test, I will fail them all! My parents were afraid I would be sad all the time. But I needed to be in a space with sad people, and I was curious what would happen. My parents finally said yes. They didn’t want to go with me, because then they would be sad. My cousin, who is very sad due to her not being accepted to colleges, came with me. So we went together. We borrowed my dad’s car, because it was blue, so we wouldn’t look weird or anything. (Yeah, I know, going into a town that everything is blue isn’t sad). We were in the parking lot, ready to enter for a few days. So I turned the knob of the blue door and stepped in.


Writer's Statement:
This was a writing exercise I got from my writing teacher. I had to use 'I turned the knob of the blue door and stepped in,' at the last sentence of my story. So, I did something different in my writing. I did something that wasn't true, and shaped it into a story. I enjoyed writing this. Think, what if there really was something like this? My imagination grows stronger, and helps me in my writings. I am writing a fairy tale now (which will be posted later) and writing differently helps you. Writing different kind of creative stories and such, makes writing helpful, stronger, and so much more fun!(:

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorites! It is such a creative idea. Maybe you could even write the next part?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ms. Bavaro! That's a great idea! I think I will do it, and post it on either this week's blog or next! (:

      Delete