Friday, February 17, 2012

Lauren Grossman's Love Story-Hero



Hero
By: Lauren Grossman
Dear Paul,
Remember that locket you gave me? You said you bought it from a guy on the street or something? I always wore it. I mean, I wasn’t sure if it was safe. You said go ahead, I wouldn’t buy it from some weirdo of something. So I wore it. It was a beautiful piece of jewelry. The one problem with it was that I couldn’t open the lock. I tried anything sharp or something to not break it. I tried taking it down to the Jeweler’s shop, I tried pretty much everything. I wish that it was opened, you know, when you were alive. But I can’t wear that locket again, never. Want to know why? Well, when I found out you were dead, from that crazy guy who shot you, I just took the necklace off (and it broke) and threw it on hard glass. The locket broke open. I wiped my tears, took a couple of breaths, and went towards the locket, after I spotted something in the locket. It had a little piece of paper, saying “You’re in danger.” And I buried the locket somewhere in sand and dug it pretty deep. If I had opened this locket sooner, I could of known that one of us were in trouble. This “guy” that sold you the locket, must of has something against you. I did more research, right, and this guy, who sold you the necklace, was someone I think you knew. You must of arrested him doing something. This guy was in jail for about 10 years, his wife left him, and he lost his kids. He must of wanted revenge, and this gold necklace, that you gave me, had a note to warn you. But he probably knew this locket of mine was hard to open. You must of not noticed who this guy was. It made you die! You were a policemen, saving children and adults’ lives. You did the right thing arresting this guy. He murdered a kid for crying out loud!
I loved you so much. You were the perfect man. But this damn locket got between us! As a policemen, why did you do that? I know that you were losing your job, and I know you wanted to get me something for Valentine’s day, but you didn’t have to! All you had to do was show me your love for me. That would of been the best present ever. But then something happened that explains this. And now, in this letter, I have to be a little more strict to you. Here it goes...
Remember when you went to the doctors a week before the killing? Test results went back, about why you can’t remember things so much anymore. You said you were having loss of memory. Well the results said you had dementia. If you would listen to me to go to the doctor sooner, it wouldn’t of happened. You were stubborn and said, no, I’m just tired, or I just forgot. No, you didn’t. Dementia can turn into Alzheimer's, which is not good! That’s why money was tight, because of this, because of you losing your job, because of your memory loss. Now, I’m not blaming you losing your memory, but you made it worse by not seeing the doctor. And this memory thing caused you to buy a locket from a guy you don’t remember seeing, but did.
All is I can say I love you, but then again, how can I forgive you? Someone I love died. It took me 2 months to stop officially crying, 2 months! Writing this letter is making me tear even more. If you would of gone to the doctors soon enough. If you would of listened to me. If really you wanted to be a hero, you would of saved yourself, and become a hero for that. You could of saved yourself possibly before saving others.


Your wife who loves you, but can’t seem to forgive you,
Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment